PUAFER005 Operate as part of an emergency control organisation
Commonly referred to as the Fire Warden course, this unit has been designed for individuals required to implement an emergency response as specified in the facility’s emergency procedures or by someone at a higher level in the emergency control organisation (ECO). Individuals who undertake this work will work within the ECO’s command, control and coordinate structure. It includes undertaking pre-emergency planning, taking appropriate actions in an emergency and assisting with post-emergency activities. It applies to members of an ECO who are floor or area wardens and/or wardens or deputy wardens.
The course has been developed to cover various emergencies and facilities as considered in Australian Standard 3745 and Australian Standard 4083. It applies to employees in the workplace within all industries and in all contexts.
Participants in this course will learn how to effectively:
- Apply Work, Health and Safety (WHS)/Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) requirements
- Assist occupants who may require assistance
- Assist with post-emergency response activities
- Comply with legislation, industry standards, codes of practice and regulations
- Contribute to facility emergency planning
- Give clear directions to occupants and visitors
- Implement safe work practices
- Initiate and control initial emergency response
- Respond to emergency signals and warnings
- Take on a leadership role within an emergency control organisation and/or a deputy role for other emergency control organisation positions
- Undertake pre-emergency planning
- Use communications systems
- Wear required emergency control organisation identification
Learn the skills and have the confidence to handle an emergency.
Fast Certificate Turnaround.
Online with face-to-face assessment Face to Face contact time of at least 30 Mins
Very experienced trainer and assessor with years of emergency and pre-hospital care background.
Brisbane, Redland Bay and Logan locations.