PUAFER002 – Ensure facility emergency prevention procedures, systems and processes are implemented
This course has been developed to cover facilities such as a building, structure or workplace, as specified in Australian Standard (AS) 3745 and AS 4083. All aspects will be undertaken in accordance with legislative requirements, facility policies and procedures and accepted safe work practices.
It applies to individuals supervising occupants of a facility; typically, they will be general supervisors required to implement facility emergency prevention safety procedures within a facility or a defined group of facilities.
Participants in this course will learn how to effectively:
- Apply Work, Health and Safety (WHS)/Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) facility requirements
- Conduct facility emergency prevention inspections
- Delegate tasks according to facility emergency prevention, safe work practices and level of responsibility
- Ensure facility emergency protection systems, emergency control equipment, and evacuation systems remain effective
- Identify situations that could lead to facility emergencies
- Monitor and review facility work area regularly to identify new and unsafe work practices
- Record and report unsafe conditions in a facility
- Report problems or deficiencies with facility emergency protection systems, emergency control equipment and evacuation systems.