SHE Group (Safety Health and Environment) is a privately owned and operated business based in Brisbane, Queensland. We specialise in quality education and training, first aid supplies and WHS contracting services to Australian workplaces. Our priority is to deliver professional, affordable, and engaged onsite consulting services to our community.
SHE Group is a third party provider delivering nationally recognised training and assessment in WHS and First Aid courses on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
HLTSS00068 – OCCUPATIONAL FIRST AID SKILL SET
This course is appropriate for people who are either employed or intending to become employed in, nominated occupational first aider roles. It is delivered in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines, relevant state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authority requirements, safe work practices, and first aid code of practice.
The course provides simulated real-life scenarios for a set of skills to provide advanced first aid, oxygen therapy, advanced resuscitation, ongoing monitoring and care after treatment, handover of the casualty to emergency services and incident debriefing or evaluation to improve future operations, address individual needs recognising psychological impacts and seeking help as required.
Participants learn to:
- develop and maintain first aid action plans in consultation with relevant parties,
- undertake a risk assessment to establish,
- maintain and facilitate the provision of appropriate first aid in a workplace environment,
- follow manufacturer’s instructions and complete documentation including checklists for stocking and maintaining equipment such as resuscitation and oxygen equipment and first aid kits.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID010 – Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
- HLTAID014 – Provide Advanced First Aid
- HLTAID015 – Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
- HLTAID016 – Manage first aid services and resources
- HLTSS00068 – OCCUPATIONAL FIRST AID SKILL SET
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. single and two-rescuer CPR, using a bag-valve-mask, select and insert an appropriate airway adjunct, manage oxygen equipment and use an AED to deliver at least one shock)
- Place a casualty into the recovery position
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on a simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
- Coordinate a multiple casualty incident
- Manage a casualty with a life-threatening bleed and provide oxygen
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the life-threatening bleed scenario
- Maintain resuscitation equipment
- Conduct a workplace risk assessment
- Develop a first aid response plan including strategies for management of incidents
- Use a first-aid checklist to service a workplace first aid kit for supplies’ replacement and equipment maintenance.
A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions.
Course durations can vary for multiple reasons, so the durations below are the minimum possible amount.
- Face-to-Face Delivery: 24 Hours (minimum).
- Online with face-to-face assessment: 8 Hours (minimum).
- This certificate does not require renewal.
In addition, SHE Group provides work health and safety information, products and consulting services.
Our passionate, dedicated and experienced facilitators and partners have years of experience in pre-hospital care (ambulance) and emergency response environments.