SHE Group (Safety Health and Environment) is a privately owned and operated business based in Brisbane, Queensland. We specialise in quality education and training, first aid supplies and WHS contracting services to Australian workplaces. Our priority is to deliver professional, affordable, and engaged onsite consulting services to our community.
SHE Group is a third party provider delivering nationally recognised training and assessment in WHS and First Aid courses on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
HLTAID015 – PROVIDE ADVANCED RESUSCITATION AND OXYGEN THERAPY
This Advanced Resuscitation course is delivered in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and first aid code of practice and applies to those who may be required to provide first aid, CPR and oxygen in a range of complex situations, including community and workplace settings.
Simulated real-life situations will be used to develop the skills and knowledge for using and maintaining specialised equipment for the provision of first aid, resuscitation, and oxygen therapy.
Instruction on first aid and CPR will be provided, as well as treatments specific to advanced conditions, such as:
- inserting an appropriate basic airway adjunct,
- using tourniquets and haemostatic dressings for life-threatening bleeding,
- administering oxygen safely at the correct flow rate.
The course covers:
- recording casualty condition,
- conveying incident details,
- completing workplace incident documentation, and
- debriefing to recognise areas for improvement, psychological impacts, and seeking help as required.:
This course has a pre-requisite of HLTAID011 Provide First Aid which must be completed prior to undertaking this unit of competency.
- HLTAID009 – PROVIDE CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION
- HLTAID015 – PROVIDE ADVANCED RESUSCITATION & OXYGEN THERAPY
This unit HLTAID015 – Provide Advanced Resuscitation and Oxygen Therapy supersedes the previous competency HLTAID007 – Provide Advanced Resuscitation.
If you specifically need to complete HLTAID007 – Provide Advanced Resuscitation for any reason, please contact us to discuss your options.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet, or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of bag-valve-masks,
- oxygen equipment, an AED and placing the casualty into the recovery position)
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with a life-threatening bleed and provide oxygen
- Complete an incident report
- Maintain resuscitation equipment
A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.
- Face to Face: 6 hours (minimum) full face to face course.
- Online delivery with face to face: 3.5 hours (minimum duration).
- It is recommended that renewal for this course is undertaken every 12 months.
SHE GROUP INFORMATION
In addition, SHE Group provides work health and safety information, products and consulting services.
Our passionate, dedicated and experienced facilitators and partners have years of experience in pre-hospital care (ambulance) and emergency response environments.