SHE Group (Safety Health and Environment) is a privately owned and operated business based in Brisbane, Queensland. We specialise in quality education and training, first aid supplies and WHS contracting services to Australian workplaces. Our priority is to deliver professional, affordable, and engaged onsite consulting services to our community.
SHE Group is a third party provider delivering nationally recognised training and assessment in WHS and First Aid courses on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
HLTAID014 – PROVIDE ADVANCED FIRST AID
Challenging situations, such as multiple casualty incidents, having to move or extricate casualties, or treating potentially fatal illnesses and injuries are high risk. It is imperative that training occurs to be able to know what to do when confronted with a real-life incident.
This course provides practical simulated real-life situations to learn and gain the confidence to coordinate and manage a response and provide advanced first aid in line with legal, community and workplace considerations, guidelines and other Australian national peak clinical bodies until emergency services arrive. The course covers recording casualty condition, completing workplace incident documentation and debriefing for recognising areas for improvement, psychological impacts, and seeking help as required.
This course has a pre-requisite of HLTAID011 Provide First Aid which much be completed prior to undertaking this unit of competency.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID010 – Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
- HLTAID014 – PROVIDE ADVANCED FIRST AID
This unit HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid supersedes the previous competency HLTAID006 Provide Advanced First Aid.
If you specifically need to complete HLTAID006 Provide Advanced First Aid for any reason, please contact us.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the adult CPR simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
- Simulated First Aid Scenario – Manage a casualty with a life-threatening bleed
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the life-threatening bleed first aid scenario
- Coordinate a multiple casualty incident
A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.
- Face to Face: 16 hours (minimum) full face to face course.
- Online delivery with face to face: 6 hours (minimum).
- It is recommended HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation unit be renewed every 12 months in line with industry standards.
SHE GROUP INFORMATION
In addition, SHE Group provides work health and safety information, products and consulting services. Our passionate, dedicated and experienced facilitators have years of experience in pre-hospital care (ambulance) and first response environments.