SHE Group (Safety Health and Environment) is a privately owned and operated business based in Brisbane, Queensland. We specialise in quality education and training, first aid supplies and WHS contracting services to Australian workplaces. Our priority is to deliver professional, affordable, and engaged onsite consulting services to our community.
SHE Group is a third party provider delivering nationally recognised training and assessment in WHS and First Aid courses on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
HLTAID013 – PROVIDE FIRST AID IN REMOTE OR ISOLATED SITE
Providing a lifesaving first aid response in a remote or isolated site where medical assistance or evacuation is required, requires specific instruction and practical training.
The course teaches preparation for first aid emergencies based on the site and in line with legal and workplace requirements, guidelines and other Australian national peak clinical bodies.
The course covers:
- completing incident documentation and debriefing,
- recognising areas for improvement,
- psychological impacts,
- the potential need for stress management and support, and seeking help as required.
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID010 – Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
- HLTAID013 – PROVIDE FIRST AID IN REMOTE OR ISOLATED SITE
This unit HLTAID013 Provide First Aid in Remote or Isolated Site supersedes the previous competency HLTAID005 Provide First Aid in Remote Setting.
If you specifically need to complete HLTAID005 Provide First Aid in Remote Setting for any reason, please contact us to discuss your options.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Practical scenarios and performance tasks:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
- Manage a casualty with hyperthermia
- Simulated scenario – First aid response in a remote site (plan and prepare for a remote trip, conduct a basic triage, coordinate an evacuation)
- Complete a planning and equipment checklist.
A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions.
- Face to Face Delivery: 16 hours (minimum) full face to face course.
- Online with Face to Face delivery: 6 hours (minimum).
It is recommended that renewal for this course is undertaken every 3 years,
with the additional requirement of updating the CPR component every 12 months.
SHE GROUP INFORMATION
In addition, SHE Group provides work health and safety information, products and consulting services.
Our passionate, dedicated and experienced facilitators and partners have years of experience in pre-hospital care (ambulance) and emergency response environments.