SHE Group (Safety Health and Environment) is a privately owned and operated business based in Brisbane, Queensland. We specialise in quality education and training, first aid supplies and WHS contracting services to Australian workplaces. Our priority is to deliver professional, affordable, and engaged onsite consulting services to our community.
SHE Group is a third party provider delivering nationally recognised training and assessment in WHS and First Aid courses on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
HLTAID012 – Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
This course provides practical training for workers within an education and care setting to respond to first aid emergencies in line with legal and workplace requirements, Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and other Australian national peak clinical bodies.
It teaches how to:
- identify illness or injury,
- access emergency services,
- safely provide first aid treatment using action plans,
- equipment and resources for CPR, defibrillation,
- administering an autoinjector for anaphylaxis,
- administering asthma medication,
- immobilisation for envenomation,
- fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains,
- for bleeding and shock and other conditions.
You will learn basic anatomy, physiology and the differences between adults, children and infants relating to CPR, managing an infant or child with an acute illness, or who requires an immediate ambulance response and conveying incident details to parents, caregivers and emergency services.
The course covers completing incident documentation and debriefing for improvement of response, recognising psychological impacts, talking with children about their emotions and seeking help as required.
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
This unit HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting supersedes the previous unit HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting.
It is a training package requirement of this course that you are physically capable of performing uninterrupted CPR for at least 2 minutes on a CPR manikin placed on the floor.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. Performance tasks and practical scenarios.
Simulated First Aid Scenario:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on a child
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite).
A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.
- Face to Face Delivery: 9 hours (minimum) full face to face course.
- Blended Delivery: 7 hours (minimum) face to face course with the addition of 2 hour self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course.
- Refresher Training: 7 hours (minimum) face to face course: You will need to provide previous current certificates.
- Online Training with Face to Face Assessment: Self paced online learning with a scheduled 60 minutes face to face practical assessment.
It is recommended that renewal for this course is undertaken every 3 years, with the additional requirement of updating the CPR component every 12 months.
In addition, SHE Group provides work health and safety information, products and consulting services.
Our passionate, dedicated and experienced facilitators and partners have years of experience in pre-hospital care and emergency response environments.