SHE Group (Safety Health and Environment) is a privately owned and operated business based in Brisbane, Queensland. We specialise in quality education and training, first aid supplies and WHS contracting services to Australian workplaces. Our priority is to deliver professional, affordable, and engaged onsite consulting services to our community.
SHE Group is a third party provider delivering nationally recognised training and assessment in WHS and First Aid courses on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
With instruction and practical training in line with legal, workplace and community considerations, Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and other Australian national peak clinical bodies, this first aid course teaches the skills and knowledge to recognise emergencies and provide immediate and effective first aid treatment to any person suffering a sudden illness or injury.
The course covers;
- assessing the casualty,
- providing safety,
- accessing emergency services, and using resources to provide first aid, such as providing CPR and using a defibrillator,
- administering an autoinjector for anaphylaxis,
- administering asthma medication,
- assisting someone choking,
- using appropriate immobilisation techniques for envenomation,
- sprains and strains,
- managing casualties with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock.
You will learn the importance of the chain of survival, written and verbal reporting of incident details, reviewing incidents to improve own skills and response times, to recognise psychological impacts, and seeking help as required.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
- Pre-course study:
Students may be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending the face to face session depending on the course delivery mode.
- Online study:
Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment for:
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID010 – Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
This unit HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid supersedes the previous competency HLTAID003- Provide First Aid.
This statement of attainment will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Simulated First Aid Scenarios:
Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite).
A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.
- Face to Face: 7.5 hours (minimum) full face to face course.
- Blended delivery: 6 hours (minimum) face to face course with the addition of 2 hours self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course.
- Refresher Training: 6 hours (minimum) face to face course – conditions apply for this option, you will need to provide previous current certificates.
- Online Training with Face to Face Assessment: 60 minutes (minimum) face to face assessment with the addition of 6 hours of self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course.
It is recommended that renewal for this course is undertaken every 3 years,
with the additional requirement of updating the CPR component every 12 months.
In addition, SHE Group provides work health and safety information, products and consulting services.
Our passionate, dedicated and experienced facilitators have years of experience in pre-hospital care (ambulance) and emergency response environments.